My working career started at an early age---Working for my father at his Standard Oil Service Station.Also while attending St Raphael's Academy & Providence College,Graduating with an Economics background,Was selected to work after graduation with the Firestone Tire & Rubber Company as a College Trainee.
I finally got married & started my future with Firestone.Their award winning training program( Gum Dipped )was an excellent one. I was assigned as a sales person in the Wonsocket RI Store. I had an opportunity to have a offer to work for Standard Oil which I accepted.Their 2 year training program came down to 4 months. I was assigned to a Connecticut Area that had Service Stations,Marinas,Airports,Service station development.I was awarded the Bus Tour sales review award by my fellow Regional sales team and recognizing sales accomplishment in all aspects of handling your particular sales area.
After three years With Standard Oil, I decided to come back to RI to help my father who wanted to reduce his activity in the Business. I Was in the Automobile business for over 40 years and was president of three dealerships. Starting with the original American Motors Dealership in Pawtucket,we grew to be No.1 In New England and one of the top 20 in the USA at a time. We won almost every sales contest that AMC offered. I was the winner of the prestigious Time Magazine Regional Quality Dealer Award. We also won a top National award for promoting safety. We also built & operated an AMC dealership for the Newport Market in Middletown and owned & operated a Ford Dealership in East Providence for 10 years while winning many sales contest
At Age 65, I had an opportunity to work for the Rhode Island Economic Corporation. I was assigned as the Tenant Relations Coordinator--at The Quonset Industrial Park. Later, I was assgined as Chamber Ambassador---Liaison representative to the Rhode Island 17 Chambers of Commerce. I was also on The Every Company Counts Team working with over 100 partnering agencies. I was the RIEDC representative to the Bryant University,John Chafee Center for International Business growth team,Working with partners to support a requester's business growth plans.
I left RIEDC after 8 years and turned the time & attention to Commercial Real Estate. I worked with some outstanding individuals that volunteered to form a new Company that wants to do superior service in finding answers for various projects that need someone to make their projects successful --the RENEW ENERGY INITIATIVE inc, for a common good benefit & success of a project.
- Chairman of New England's top Business Expo,7 Years
- Chairman for The Airport Task Force,Beginning With Mary Brennan
- Chairman for the Hospice Care of Nursing Placement
- Chairmam Pawtucket Building Authority
- Trustee St Thomas Moore School
- Elected a Pawtucket City Council person
- President, RI Dealers Automobile Association
- Chairman RI Dealer licence Committee
- President Providence College Alumni Association
- President National Jeep Dealer Council,under Lee Iaccoca.Extensive experience in general management, administration,directing and motivating others to reach goal-setting objectves in a competitive field. Recognized as an active member in the business community